Thursday, March 22, 2012

Simple, Beautiful, and Full of First Course Flavor...

I think one of the most important aspects of food is how it looks. It doesn't matter what I'm eating or where it came from, I put it on a plate, or bowl, or some serving dish that makes the experience feel better. I hate eating chips out of bag, or opening a jar of olives and letting friends scoop the olives right from the jar. To me all of this is akin to sucking wine out of a bottle rather then pouring it in a glass where it can be best enjoyed.

So today I'm posting a VERY simple first course salad that in my opinion is a work of art because of its simplicity...
Yummy 1
Picture one showcased the beautiful organic heirloom tomato I got for the salad...
Yummy 2
Picture two shows the baby bells thinly sliced on top of the stack along with the baby cucumbers...
Yummy 3
Picture three shows the fresh mozzarella that was stacked on top of the thick slice of heirloom tomato...
Yummy 4
And picture four is probably the best view of the whole salad that included:
  1. Bed of Organic Micro-Greens
  2. Heirloom Tomato
  3. Baby Cucumbers
  4. Baby Bells
  5. Chives
  6. Basil crushed Olive Oil
  7. Cracked pepper and Kosher Salt
Now it's your turn to take food and turn it into art!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment