Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cutie has a play day...

If you live anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere you probably see bags and festive boxes full of Clementines (Cuties as they've been fondly named) adorning just about every grocery store in your area; they often have their own displays to further entice you!
Cuties and Pomegranates
This is the bowl I have sitting on the Loft kitchen counter. It was my inspiration for the wonderful little winter salad I composed.

SALAD INGREDIENTS AND METHOD AFTER THE JUMP...

Cutie Winter Salad...
Cutie Winter Salad
Ingredients:
  • Cuties - pealed and sectioned
  • Cucumbers - thinly sliced
  • Red Onions - thinly sliced
  • White Balsamic and Honey Vinegar (I used Temecula Olive Oil Company - order here)
  • Olive Oil with Blood Oranges (I used Temecula Olive Oil Company - order here)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Arugula
  • Pomegranate Arils - (Aril is what the fruit pods are called)
  • Feta Cheese - crumbled
Method:
Mix the cuties, cucumbers and red onions together in a bowl. Splash some white balsamic and olive oil on them and toss, season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes. When ready, toss the arugula with a little of the citrus olive oil and mound on serving plates. Spoon a portion of the cutie mix on each plate and finish by scattering some crumbled feta and pomegranate arils on top.

A little product endorsement for Temecula Olive Oil Company...
White Balsamic with Honey and Oive Oil with Blood Oranges
I HIGHLY recommend you check out their website; do some shopping for you, and for gifts! I'm a club member and get regular discounts on my purchases.

THIS IS A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY MEAL FIRST COURSE SALAD!!!

And now I must continue with my second short bread cookie recipe... Almond Shortbread... STAY TUNED!!!

1 comment: