Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crostini a Trois...

What to do, what to do... you know, when you buy that beautiful double pack of fresh baked baguettes because you're shopping hungry, and then there it is two days later threatening to turn to brick because you feel guilty eating both all at once!

The SOLUTION...
Crostini a trois
YES, take that extra baguette and make crostinis, or if you're like me, a trio of crostini. Trust me, its so simple!

Check out my Crostini a Trois after the jump...

Crostini #1
Exotic Crostini
For this one I brushed each side with olive oil and then sprinkled some grated Parmesan on the top. Next I mixed equal amounts of Madras Curry, Turmeric, and Smoked Paprika. I dusted the tops and baked at 400F until crispy (about 8-9 minutes).

Crostini #2
Mediterranean Crostini
For this one I brushed each side with olive oil and then sprinkled some grated Parmesan on the top. Next I dusted the tops with Za'atar (a Middle Eastern spice comprised of sesame seeds, sumac, and dried thyme) and baked at 400F until crispy (about 8-9 minutes).

Crostini #3
Fennel Crostini
For my final crostini I brushed each side with olive oil and then sprinkled some grated Parmesan on the top. Next I dusted the tops with my fennel rub (toasted fennel, coriander seeds, black pepper and kosher salt) and baked at 400F until crispy (about 8-9 minutes).

Now, all I need to do is create three bruschetta inspired toppings for them... ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED!!! Of course using them in salads, or just as a snack works too!

No comments:

Post a Comment