Monday, June 25, 2012

Mozzarella a Trois

Ok, yesterday I posted a pic of our fun new appetizer plates. I am going to be using them A LOT!!!

Last night I designed the next in my series of "a Trois" concepts (Cook book coming soon).

I think I hit it out of the park...
Hmmmm JAKE LIKES!
This is so simple, you're SO GONNA want to do it...

I did this Mozzarella a Trois as the first course. Yes it was cheese done three different ways, but small bites with big flavors. We purchased three different colors (orange, blue and mint green) of our new Just Modern plates; I used the orange and the mint green for this meal...

Mozzarella a Trois
let's look at each of the three. The first one was probably the most exotic..
Mozzarella with Cucumbers, Pomegranates and Za'atar
For this one I simply grated the cucumbers and squeezed all the extra moisture out of them...
Grating Cucumber
And pulled out some pomegranate arils...
Pomegranate Arils
And stirred it all together with strings of mozzarella cheese dusted with Za'atar...
Ready to plate
On the other end of my fun plate I did this version...
Fried Mozzarella with Roasted Yellow Peppers and Green Olives
Frying cheese is very popular in the Mediterranean and SO easy to do....
Ready to fry
I cut the cheese into squares, rolled in breadcrumbs and quickly fried in clarified butter.

For the topping, I minced roasted yellow peppers, diced green olives, and mixed them together...
Yellow Peppers and Green Olives
And for the esteemed middle position, I did a classic Caprese Skewer...
Caprese Skewer
I used these beautiful little organic cherry tomatoes...
Love the colors!
I skewered them with a small Mozzarella ball and a basil leaf. I finished them with a drizzle of olive oil and a touch of sea salt...
Ready to finish and plat
Here are the finished pics...
Mint Green Plate
... and the second option...
Orange Plate
This will become a standard in my entertaining repertoire!

STAY - TUNED, there are two more posts coming on this meal... main course a Trois style and dessert with a fun little guessing game survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment