Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Videocast - Wine and Food Pairing...

Since launching Mood Wine I've had more interest and questions about pairing wine with food so I thought I'd re-post this videocast. This is the basic summary of my approach to pairing wine with food:
  1. Complimentary - basically where the wine compliments the food in its flavor profiles... if the wine has cherry, use cherries in your dish, if the wine is rich and dark, do a dish that rich and dark... etc.
  2. Contrasting - basically where harmony happens. If the wine is sweet, serve it with something savory, if it's big and tannic, serve it with something with lots of fat to tame the tannins... etc.
I hope you enjoy this videocast and that it's helpful! The most important thing is to trust your palate! Let the wine and food do a jig that works for you!!!



TO WATCH THIS ON YOUTUBE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK... WINE AND FOOD PAIRING

No comments:

Post a Comment