Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pesto and Pasta... PERFECTION!

I'm in a facebook food group that supports the idea of eating meatless on Mondays. I generally don't focus much on what days I do and don't use meat... I try to retain balance in my cooking. But last night (MONDAY) I decided to go meatless. It wasn't a deliberate plan, it's just what I had to work with.... including some remaining pasta sheets from the Deconstructed Lasagna post...
Fresh Pasta Sheets
And I had some fresh basil, pinenuts, parmesan cheese, and olive oil... SO OF COURSE I MADE A QUICK BATCH OF PESTO!

Dinner was served...
Pesto with Fresh Pasta
I'm assuming most everyone knows the process for making pesto... but just in case, here's the method:

  1. A bunch of fresh basil
  2. A handful of pinenuts
  3. A pile of grated parmesan cheese
  4. Olive oil as needed to create the perfect sauce
Throw it all in a food processor and blend it all together. Adjust with salt if needed. Toss on cooked pasta! VOILA!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post could really be called "deconstructed" pesto. Listen to Patrick, it is that easy. And fast. And always a good dinner!

    ReplyDelete