Friday, March 2, 2012

First Friday in March... Za'atar Pasta here we come!!!

With perfect Palm Springs March weather (sans the annoying winds), I think it's time to revisit a simple and tasty pasta using Za'atar as the flavor profile - I first did this pasta back in November...
Friday Dinner Stuff
Plus it's Friday night and I can't get to elaborate after meeting friends for a cocktail!!!

Here's the list of ingredients:
  • Pasta
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 10 mini bells - julienne cut
  • 4 garlic cloves - minced
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • Za'atar (a Middle Eastern spice comprised of sesame seeds, sumac, and dried thyme)
  • 1/4 cup capers
  • Parsley - 1/4 cup minced
  • Asiago - 1/2 cup shredded
  • Salt
Of course, I can't cook without my wine! A Syrah works well with this because... Well, because I'm in the mood for it :-)...
FoxenLicious!!!
Ok, so this is what I did last time...

While boiling the pasta al dente, I heated some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauteed the garlic and bells, after a couple minutes I added about 1/4 white wine, and 2 tablespoons of Za'atar. I allowed the wine to reduce, added the capers and turned the heat to low. Once the pasta was ready, I drained it and tossed it with the sauce, then I added the fresh parsley and asiago, then did a final seasoning adjustment with salt! Delish and OH SO FAST and EASY!!!

And this is what I hope will end up in the bowl...
Supper
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment