Friday, December 16, 2011

Virgin take-off complete with bubbles

It's amazing how when you open yourself up to possibilities, possibilities present themselves. Since starting this blog, I've been reaching out to people on Facebook that seem interesting even if I've never met them... trying to build an online community that's interested in wine, food, and the art of living well.

So, recently I had the good fortune of meeting one of my new FB friends in the real world; he's a major player in the Palm Springs culinary scene... Paul Hietter, owner and Executive Chef of Love at First Bite...
Paul Hietter
Needless to say, we had coffee, and HIT IT OFF! It was SO great to get to talk about food and wine, and catering and events with someone who shares my passion.

While enjoying our coffee meet, he got a call confirming details for a very large and highly anticipated Palm Springs event for Virgin America Airlines. They have just started flights into our little PS airport. The inaugural flight (last night) carried Sir Richard Branson who came to share in the celebration...
Sir Richard Branson
 and all the glitterati of Palm Springs came out to welcome them!
Red Carpet waiting for flight arrival
So, a few days after we had coffee,  Paul called me and asked if I'd like to help with this event!

Ummm... YES!!! 

It has been so long since I've gotten to participate on an event of this magnitude, I totally cleared my calendar for the day to do it. I wasn't disappointed. Having managed large catering/event companies I know how stressful and hectic an event like this can be. Paul designed it and managed it flawlessly... never even had to scream at his staff to pick-it-up!!! RARE in the world of events.

Two more pics from the event that I took... just thought they turned out cool...
Florals with model planes
And the Sparkling Wine station I started the evening working on...
Sparkling Wine table - waiting for red carpet guest greeting
So, I guess the moral to this blog post is:  

If you open yourself up to the universe, and embrace your passions, opportunities will come your way. 

STAY TUNED - I'm gonna cajole Paul's Kobe Beef Sliders on Brioche Buns recipe from him and post it! Plus he's already given me a very cool Party Cheese Ball recipe that I will post ASAP, so you can have it for holiday parties...

No comments:

Post a Comment