Thursday, January 19, 2012

Patrick Learns a Lesson... THE HARD WAY!

It starts with a little Whoopi humor...
Whoopi Goldberg - Jumping Jack Flash, Shredder Scene
Click on WHOOPI... watch the video before you jump - seriously it brilliantly sets up what's to come!
JUMP for the rest of the story...

Ok, so now that you've had a good laugh, prepare yourself for more... at my expense of course.

You see, last Sunday when I was making my bread cones for my Cones a Trois post I had a situation with my KitchenAid pasta roller...
Nicky notices something wrong...
The middle of the roller was getting gummy and starting to pull the bread apart. My special guest chef Nicky Major noticed the problem and suggested we clean it. Well, being the quick to react person that I am, I grabbed a kitchen rag and without thinking poked it into the roller while it was running...
Kitchen rag firmly embedded
And once this happened there's no going back... KitchenAid doesn't go in reverse. But being the optimist that I am, I got my friend Robert to help try and pull it out...
Robert and Patrick hard at work trying to remove the rag
And we kept trying...
There was NO way this was coming out!
After finally giving up, Robert showed some interest in the owner's manual, and found an interesting warning unbeknownst to me...
Warning WILL SMITH... warning!!!
So, one of my upcoming tasks is to find just the roller for my pasta attachment set. Any one out there have an extra they don't need? Can't hurt to ask!

2 comments:

  1. Patrick, next time a crescent wrench would have backed it out for you. In the meantime, I'm LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - we kept thinking we could back it out, but the gears wouldn't go in reverse...

      Delete