Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pull a Cork and Pop some Corn!

Just thought I'd post this for some easy Saturday entertainment! I'm hoping to play with popcorn on a grander scale soon, but this was awesome...
Rose and Spicy Pop Corn
All I did was pop some corn, then instead of butter, I used a blend of Temecula Olive Oil Company's Citrus and Habanero Reserve olive oils and sprinkled some kosher salt for the finishing touch. It was amazing with the Lorenzi Estate Rita's Rose. The cool fruitiness of the rose was a nice counter to the spicy/savory flavors of the popcorn. Hmmm, I bet I could do something really fun with their new Hickory Smoked Olive Oil - maybe pair it with a nice Rhone Syrah... let the two do a smokey dance together!!!

YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A WHIRL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment