Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Duck!

If you've been following my blog somewhat closely, you'll know I have a thing for TAJ Farms. This amazing artisanal field-to-fork farm in San Diego County is amazing!

My latest project included a goose and a duck. The goose was a struggle, I trusted a method that I don't think in retrospect was the best method -- that is unless you like tough birds. I was able to make a great wild rice and mushroom soup though.

The duck on the other hand - WOW! I did everything right. I scored the skin to allow the fat to escape, I roasted it at a lower temperature, and I glazed it with an amazing glaze.

This is my beauty fresh from the oven...
Roasted Duck with a Clementine-Maple Syrup-Soy Glaze
 And this was how it looked plated...
Roasted Duck with Hericot Vert and Roasted Potatoes
I used the duck fat from my bird to saute my hericot vert... YUMMY!

Rather than trying to write the method I used, I'm adding a link to it - lots of pictures and an easy to follow step-by-step process... of course with a TAJ Farms duck...

THE BEST WAY TO ROAST A DUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment