Friday, March 30, 2012

Mood Sliders a Trois on the ROCKS!!!

I promised I'd keep coming up with fun ways to enjoy the three big reds in the Mood Wine Club. Jake and I did these last night...
Sliders a Trois... on the Rocks... LITERALLY!
BTW - THESE WINES ARE ALL NOW AVAILABLE ON OUR SHOPPING CART!

For descriptions and wine pairing comments...

JUMP!!!

 I took the three wines:
  1. Woodworth Vineyards - Pinot Noir
  2. Perry Creek - Altitude 2401 Zinfandel
  3. Fazeli Cellars - Yalda
And designed a different slider for each one...
Portabello Mushroom Slider
Then the next one...
All American Slider
And finally the third of the trio...
Bacon Wrapped Burger Slider
And now a little more detail...
Portabella Sliders
For the Portabello Sliders I wanted to work with the flavor elements in the wine. I marinated the mushrooms in a honey-white balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil along with lots of cracked black pepper and minced shallots. I finished the sliders with a fig spread, micro greens and the cute yellow tomato on top. The earthiness of the mushrooms, along with the sweetness of the fig spread HARMONIZED beautifully with the earthy bold fruit and spice in the wine!

And then for the Zinfandel...
Classic American Slider
Since Zinfandel is such an iconic American style wine, I wanted to honor it with the classic burger. I built this slider with some olive tapenade, the grilled beef patty, gorgonzola cheese, roasted red peppers, red onion and fresh basil... then I topped it with a cornichon pickle. The spicy, bold flavors and the sweetness of the pepper, along with the pronounced basil DANCED amazingly with the Zin!

For the big bold Fazeli Yalda, I had to have a big smokey burst of flavor... 

Bacon Wrapped Burgers with Hickory Smoked Aioli
This one was just too easy. The Yalda is a Rhone style blend of Shiraz, Grenache, Mourvedre and Cinsuat. This wine is big, structured and smokey with a touch of savory often sensed in Shiraz/Syrah based wines. So I whipped up an aioli using my hickory smoked olive oil, and wrapped that burger in bacon. Then I glazed it with a raspberry chipotle sauce and finished it with some melted cheddar... PERFECTION!

I'm thinking these are going to have to be worked into a MOOD MINGLE - stay-tuned there's information coming on this fun Mood Wine Tasting experience...

One Final note... I'd love it if you selected to follow this blog on your email and LIKE US ON FACEBOOK :-) - this is a screen capture of where the "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" is on the blog home page...
This is where the FOLLOW BY EMAIL is on the blog home page... :-)
If you don't want to read that day's post... all ya gotta do is hit delete. HAPPY FRIDAY!

2 comments:

  1. Patrick, the sliders are fantastic, the wine is superb but the rocks? Now that's style! LOVE THEM! I've seen you use these in the past and I'm going rock hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the rocks too. I use them regularly now... and the cool thing is, they are cheap... LOL

      Delete