Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WOODWORTH WINERY

In my business I have the pleasure of working with some amazing wineries. Wineries that focus on high-quality low production artisanal wines. I shared Tucalota Creek last week, and this week I'd like to introduce Woodworth Vineyards. I thought it'd be fun to do it with some animated pictures Jake created for me!

Marlene, Gary, pitchforks and a scarecrow
Gary and Marlene Woodworth have this amazing property in the De Luz Valley, just west of Temecula. All their fruit is estate grown. They planted it about 8 years ago; this is the third year they've had their own label. Needless to say, it's been a labor of love, and I've been privileged to work with them since they stared working on their label...
Chef Patrick at a Woodworth tasting
Before they launched officially, they made Syrah from their fruit... actually crushing it in an antique basket press that Ricky and Lucy could have had quite a caper with...
Gary pressing Syrah for his first vintage
Gary and Marlene moved to De Luz after retiring from high-pressure high-tech careers. Marlene was an operations executive (oh to read spread sheets every day), and Gary an engineer... his training came in handy when he had to start acting like a mad scientist in his lab...
Gary has the biggest smile - must be something he loves!
And one of the cool things about these two is their pack of mostly rescue dogs... they've built their brand around them with names like Black Dog, Golden Maggie, Sweet Sophie, and Wild Bandit with more to come. Visiting them on their property always comes with a big slobbery welcome from Angus, A GINORMOUS black lab, and his pack of followers...
Angus - waiting, waiting, waiting
The Woodworths take their winery and the quality of their product very seriously... I've featured their wines in a number of my blog posts.

CHECK THEM OUT AFTER THE JUMP...


Here are a few of the pics of the dishes I've worked with along with the links to the posts...
Woodworth 2010 Chardonnay with Crabcakes
Click here: Crabcakes with Mango for this pairing.

And then there was this one...
Woodworth Sweet Sophie with Cheese Plate
I didn't actually do a post, but I think it's a great pic, and this is such a great cheese/aperitif wine!

I did do a post on this one, and it's one of my favorite recipes...
Woodworth Cabernet with Filet and Smoked Paprika Cream Sauce
If you're looking for an amazing Beef Filet recipe... I highly recommend this!

STAY TUNED for THEIR AMAZING PINOT NOIR - dubbed the Bottle Shock moment for Southern California when it took third place in an international Pinot Noir competition beating out almost 400 other entries...

Have I wet your appetite for their wines? I can help you get some!