Wednesday, February 29, 2012

THANK YOU - 10,000 PLUS VIEWS!!!

Jake and I want to say THANK YOU for viewing (and hopefully enjoying) this blog...


Patrick & Jake


We are nearing 11,000 page views since launching in September.... WOW!!! This is our simple formula... I cook and we eat and drink wine, Jake takes pictures, I (we) post the pictures and let them tell the story...

Since starting this blog, we've posted 168 posts... that's a lot of wine tasting, and cooking and waiting for Jake to process pictures. He's an early riser so often by the time I get up, there's a jump drive on my desk loaded with the pictures from the night before.

TAKE THE JUMP FOR AN OVERVIEW OF SOME OF MY FAVORITE POSTS... CLICKING ON THE VARIOUS LINKS WILL GIVE YOU A PRETTY GOOD OVERVIEW OF OUR BLOG FROM THE BEGINNING...


My PB&J post...

Patrick's PB&J Cake
My culinary passion started as a kid. I used to made my own recipe of a PB&J Cake and always entered it in 4-H Fair cooking competitions, and generally won. This is in my bio and a few of you jokingly asked me when I was going to post it... so FINALLY I did! Well, not the original, but I did the best I could.

Next would be a toss-up of two posts, both I consider to be beautifully plated food posts...

Scallops
Art on a Plate was the title of this post.

And the other one was used for a recipe naming challenge...

Pretty in Pesto
The name of this dish is Pretty in Pesto, Patrick's Pan Roasted Chicken with 'Shrooms

I've posted several blogs that reflect our mission "The Art of Living Well"... the next one is my favorite of these so far...

Ted Guice
Ted Guice is a fitness trainer in Palm Springs. This post is a tribute to his brush with death, recovery and indomitable spirit!

And then there are the photo-essays Jake has poetically crafted from his photos...

Painted Canyon
I've also started a series of "a Trois" recipes... blinis, crostinis, and cones...

Cones a Trois
The Cones a Trois is my favorite of the three only because it features my culinary mentor Nicky Major from Canada, and has some humor in the form of a pasta roller gone bad!

I've also been having fun with videocasts...

This is one of my favorites because I ADORE sparkling wine! 

And most recently, we are excited about including our amazing wine and food loving friends... All YA'LL are doing some amazing stuff in your kitchens and we want to capture the moments and share them...

L-R, Jay Zaltzman, me, Kurt Cyr
Let me know when you want to do yours!!!

And finally, the post I'm the MOST excited about is the one that lets you know MOOD WINE IS COMING!!!

Jake & Patrick
Looking forward to seeing many of you at a MOOD WINE CLUB event as soon as we can put them together.... Palm Springs - San Diego - Long Beach - Portland - Seattle - Riverside - St. Louis - Denver - and the list is growing!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kurt! Getting to showcase your amazing culinary gifts was a great contribution!

      Delete
  2. Patrick and Jake...you are the best! I so enjoy reading your blog every morning with my coffee. You start my day out with 'food for thought', beautiful pictures, laughter...always, and a huge smile on my face. You deserve all the success and happiness....keep writing and keep us thinking. Your generous spirits shine through with every post...and I look forward to much more. Cheers! Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a treat to read your culinary offerings and take in the photographs, Patrick and Jake! I can't wait to hear more about Mood Wine Club. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete