Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Wednesday... with an ancient APHRODISIAC!

If you're a regular viewer of my blog you may have noticed that I have a thing for Arugula - so today's post is an HOMAGE to this wonderful green!
Arugula or Rocket or Roquette or Rugula or Rucola
This tasty, simple, peppery green has been around for a long time! Both the green and the seed have been used for thousands of years. The ancient Romans considered it to have aphrodisiac properties... and as much as I love it and crave it, I tend to agree! Plus it doesn't do icky odor things that come back to haunt later!

So in honer of Hump-Wednesday (or any day for that matter) I suggest you celebrate with Arugula.

JUMP WITH ME TO TAKE A TRIP DOWN ARUGULA MEMORY LANE AND TO SEE MY LASTED ARUGULA PLATE...

Here's a recap with links of all the posts I've done so far using arugula... maybe the arugula marketing board should hire me! All you have to do is click on each photo caption and it will take you to the blog post for that dish...

This one is ONE OF MY FAVORITES and an inspiration of Kay Needle of Tucalota Creek Wines...
Penne Pasta alla Puttanesca e Arugula
One of my earlier posts - the pics of what's inside from the original post are worth checking out... YUMMY...
Duck Ravioli with Figs, Mushrooms and ARUGULA
And this was one of my first Hump-Day posts...
Pita Pizza
And how could you forget this little jewel
Cutie Salad
This Just recently made a splash as one of my "a Trois" posts...
Crostini Fennel
And finally one of my most recent salads...
Arugula Salad with Crab, Avocado, Brown Tomatoes, and Mediterranean String Cheese
Hope in some small way, I've encouraged you to embrace your inner arugula... it really is a super simple and flavorful green that can be used in SO many ways!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment